To be honest, I’m referring to Demi Lovato.
Yeah she is a celebrity – she is an incredible singer/songwriter, an actress and a New York Times Best-Selling Author – but she is so much more than that. She is an inspiration to anyone who has suffered from bipolar disorder, an eating disorder, self-harm and a drug addiction. It does not matter if you are a fan of her music, her style, her hair color or not, there is no denying that her story is amazing.
Demi is only 21 and already her life has been flipped upside down and turned around. She went from what looked like having a perfect life as a teen singer/songwriter and actress to being willingly exposed to the world as someone who suffers from so much darkness, back to being a happier and healthier person. Not everyone has the courage to accept and admit that they need help and then put their life on hold (Demi left the international tour she was on with the Jonas Brothers in 2010) to go to rehab to get better. I know she didn’t do it alone, but she still did it.
“People think that I’ve got myself together by I’m actually still a work in progress.” – Demi Lovato
Although she went to rehab and is now living a better life, Demi still struggles from day to day. She continues to be open and honest with her fans about what she is going through – one quality that sets her apart.
Demi has four albums and has headlined three tours.
- Don’t Forget (2008)
- Here We Go Again (2009)
- Unbroken (2011)
- Demi (2013)
- Demi Lovato: Live in Concert (2009-10)
- A Special Night with Demi Lovato (2011-13)
- Neon Lights Tour (2014)
I have all of her albums and they are great. They are all so different, which shows Demi’s style, creativity and range. Demi writes about real things that she is going through and things that her listeners can also relate to.
I have seen Demi live in concert four times, and the girl rocks!
- Neon Lights Tour – Nassau Coliseum (2014)
- Jonas Brothers Live in Concert World Tour – Jones Beach (2010)
- Demi Lovato: Live in Concert – Nassau Coliseum (2009)
- Jonas Brothers – Burnin’ Up Tour – Jones Beach (2008)
Fifth Harmony and Little Mix were the opening acts for Demi’s Neon Lights Tour at Nassau Coliseum. Demi hadn’t been feeling well and she was on vocal rest all day, but when she got onto the stage, you couldn’t even tell. She sang her songs without holding back and she hit every impressive high note.
Other reasons to love Demi Lovato:
- She doesn’t care what anyone thinks.
- She stands up for what she believes in, especially on twitter: @ddlovato
- She cares about her fans. Her book Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year is a book of some of her favorite inspirational quotes, one for each day of the year.
- Her hair. Demi has had almost every hair color, and she can pull off each one. She currently has bright pink hair with a part of her head shaved!
- Her tattoos. Demi has a lot of tattoos, and they’re all pretty cool! See here.
- Her personality. Demi is serious, goofy, funny and passionate and she portrays this live on stage and on social media (especially Twitter and Instagram: @ddlovato).